Calligraphy looks like it's hard and guess what? It's hard. I thought since I had good handwriting that writing in ink would be a breeze. Not true! But a fun time was had by all.
Thanks for such a fun party, Morgan!
(Pssst..you can buy a twitter handle necklace like hers at Survival of the Hippest.)
Things were a little quiet on the HH facebook page this week, but I did share that I found it hilarious that when I posted about Blog Lovin', the comments were mostly in favor of feedly, but that when Simple Mom posted about Feedly, her comments were mostly about Blog Lovin'!
I'm easily amused.
(And also easily irritated. No sooner had I committed to Blog Lovin' did they change up the format. And I have to admit, Simple Mom's customization of Feedly is making me give it another look.)
My column at allParenting this week was about Playdate Etiquette in the Age of the Helicopter Parent.
I'm not saying I've ever had an ackward playdate experience...okay, yes I totally am saying that.
For your weekend reading pleasure:
- 21 Acts of Parental Brilliance. (Um, why have I never thought of some of these?) (Mommy Shorts)
- One of my very favorite people in the blogoshpere (and just in life) is Elizabeth from Flourish In Progress. You may remember her from her year-long shopping hiatus. She's one of the best writers out there, and we pretty much cemented our friendship after we survived rooming together at the Mom 2.0 conference earlier this month. She does these Hustle Hard interviews and they're always funny, but this month's version with her husband and her daughter was just great. Hustle Hard Interview Project: Harv & Cal.
- The subject of adoptions seems to be everywhere I look right now. These thoughts from Jen Hatmaker about international adoptions are a really important part of the conversation. Examining Adoption Ethics, Part One.
- Putting it all in perspective is The Bloggess. I like it when she just lays it down. Two Uncomfortable Truths: New Merida Looks a Little Whorey. Fewer People Care About This Than You Would Think.
- And if you just want to look at something pretty: Pink Peonies. One of my new favorite fashion blogs.
Enter your email address in the box in the right sidebar to receive my posts as emails. If you're more the facebook type, you can "like" HH here and receive all my posts + original content in your news stream. I'm also active on twitter and Instagram.