I've said it on every single social media outlet, so I won't keep repeating myself, but the One Day project on Instagram was just amazing this week. Interesting, inspiring and just plain fun. Remember, if you participated in #OneDayHH, make sure and link up on this post. I'll be giving away two amazon gift cards to random winners who are part of the link up.
And while I'm reminding you of things, don't forget about the velvet pumpkins giveaway! You have until tonight to enter. Spread the word! Tell your friends!
This week on the HH facebook page, I shared an article that is possibly going to change how I blog (but really can apply to anything in life), a pair of shoes that I have and love, and a new children's book that I'm digging from my friends the Turners. Oh, and a great quote from the late Mr. de la Renta.
For your weekend reading pleasure:
- Shine Theory: Why Powerful Women Make the Greatest Friends. I've heard variations on this theme a lot lately (as friendship has been on my mind an extra amount), but this is a good read. And I have very particular firsthand experience of it, and it is life changing.
- Getting Your Kids To Eat (Or At Least Try) Everything was a good read, too. Except what if the parents won't eat (or try) everything? That's our conundrum.
- 17 Tricks, Tips, and Habits I Use for Writing, Creating, + Business Building had some good nuggets.
- This article about Beyonce's bangs made me literally laugh out loud. I love people.
- I was THISCLOSE to being swayed by the new iPads, just because next to our clunky original iPads, I had skinny envy. But then I read I'm Never Going To Upgrade My First Gen iPad and I came to my senses.
- Accepting Failure. I thought this was bold from someone who anyone else from the outside would consider a success. It's all the view, right?
- Curbed LA is doing a Cults week, which has been FASCINATING. If you're a local make sure and read 8 Notorious Los Angeles Cult Locations and then Why Does Los Angeles Attract So Many Cults? The latter article has a section about one of my favorite religious leaders Aimee Semple McPherson. Her biography is one of the best things you'll ever read.
We had travel plans this weekend, but we've canceled them. I hope instead to do really exciting things like nap and clean out the garage.
Happy weekend, everyone!
Don't want to miss a thing? Sign up HERE to get the Secret Posts, the stuff I don't want to publish online and don't share anywhere else.